Product Information, Ordering, & Payment
There are several ways to determine which of our products is the best fit for your application.
• Browse our Model Range Key. This spreadsheet will give you a broad overview of the range of measurement capabilities of all of our products. Once you have determined the model number that meets your range needs, you may click on it from within the spreadsheet and it will bring you directly to its page on our website. From there, you can view the product's specifications in further detail.
• Contact us using our website, email, or phone with information your application. Our sales team will be more than happy to assist you in finding the product that is the best fit for you.
There are several ways to place an order.
• Browse our online store for the accessories you need and follow the steps to checkout with a credit card. Please note that only accessories are available online. If you would like to purchase a meter, please follow one of the methods listed below.
• Contact us using our website, email, or phone with information on the specific product you would like to purchase. We will then contact you in return via email/phone call to work out the details.
• If you have already received a quotation from our automated system, you may simply respond to that email stating that you accept the quote and terms.
• Submit a purchase order to us via email. Our administrative team will then review your P.O. and either provide you with an order acknowledgement, or alert you to changes that must be made to the document. Please note that if you do not receive a formal order acknowledgement/acceptance, we have not received and/or accepted your purchase order. Therefore, please check in with us if you do not receive such a response within 48 hours of submission.
We can accommodate shipments via FedEx, UPS, or DHL. We currently have a partnership with FedEx that allows us to provide great shipping rates for our customers, so that is our standard mode of shipment. However, if you provide us with a UPS or DHL account number, we would be happy to use those carriers instead.
Additionally, we do not use freight forwarders. If you are a customer in need of APO shipping, we would be happy to accommodate using USPS. Simply let us know and we will provide you with the necessary rates.
Our freight charges are dependent upon the weight of the products in your order, as well as the distance traveled (our facility is located in Austin, TX). Therefore, charges will vary greatly from purchase to purchase. All freight charges will be clearly listed on quotations and invoices.
At this time, we only support prepay and Net 30 payment terms for purchases. All customers who have not made 3 major purchases over $1,000 will be subject to prepay before shipment terms. Once a customer has established a relationship with us, Net 30 terms may be granted upon review of a credit application.
We accept credit cards, checks, and wire/bank transfers.
• Credit cards: We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit card purchases. We also support U.S. Government IMPAC and Visa credit cards. Feel free to contact us for more information, or to place an order using a credit card.
• Checks: Make all checks out to Amptec Research Corp., and use our mailing address 13231 Rooster Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78737, USA. This is our only location, so if you receive different information it should be treated as outdated/fraudulent.
• Wire/bank transfers: Our banking information can be provided upon request in the form of a proforma invoice. Please contact us for more information.
Warranty, Repairs, & Calibrations
Please follow the steps below to send in a product for repair and/or calibration.
1. Contact us to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. You will need the model/serial number of the meter(s) needing to be returned.
2. Complete the RMA form and send it along with your meter. Please ship to:
Amptec Research Corp.
13231 Rooster Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78737
3. Include all leads/probes and chargers that you are using with the meter.
All newly purchased meters include a 1-year warranty, which covers:
• Recalibrating the meter, including a new calibration certificate.
• Repairs resulting from malfunctions of manufactured parts.
• Labor and return shipping costs for covered repairs.
The warranty does not cover equipment that has been damaged due to misuse, abuse, or accidents such as:
• Failure to follow operating instructions (see enclosed manual).
• Fire, Flood, “Acts of God” or other contingencies beyond the control of Amptec Research Corp.
• Improper or unauthorized repair.
• Opening the meter and/or breaking the tamper-proof seal. In addition to voiding the warranty, this also voids the enclosed calibration certificate.
• Making alterations and/or improvements to the original design.
• Using battery chargers and batteries not recommended by Amptec Research Corp.
• Cosmetic damage such as scratches and other general wear and tear.
We recommend a 1-year calibration interval for all of our meters. The calibration procedure for each meter is listed in the operational manual, which you can find here. We will also gladly recalibrate any Amptec Research meter at our facility. Please contact us for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and complete the RMA form before sending us any meter that needs calibration.
The cost for repairs and calibrations vary by product. We will contact you with a quote once your meter has been received and evaluated.
If the meter is not under warranty, the starting cost is a calibration fee. The calibration fee includes one hour of labor and some basic replacement parts, but any additional labor or specialized parts will incur additional repair fees.
If the meter is under warranty, the calibration, labor, parts, and shipping will be covered by Amptec Research Corp.
Yes. All repairs performed by Amptec Research Corp. are guaranteed for 90 days, regardless of the 1-year warranty status. If a repaired meter continues to have issues, please contact us.
Certifications & Documentation
Authorized Distributors & Resellers
Amptec Research is well-versed in supplying our products directly as the manufacturer to international clients. We would be more than happy to attempt to work with any customer directly, regardless of your country of origin.
However, we also understand how crucial it can sometimes be to have a representative in your particular country/region to assist you with facilitating a product purchase and/or other services. The following is a list of our authorized distributors:
China, Japan, & Thailand
Possibly! Amptec is always looking to expand its relationship with distributors across the globe. However, we have strict criteria that we require companies to meet beforehand.
If you're interested in representing Amptec in your country, please contact us today.
Yes. We would be happy to work with you to create a product that fits your needs. Please contact us to see how we can help.
The price of creating a custom product will vary greatly from project to project.
Typically, we will charge a one-time engineering fee that will depend upon the amount of time our R&D department spends on the project. We will then assess the parts and labor necessary (in comparison to our existing product line) to develop a firm price per commodity.
Regardless of the size of the project, we will be happy to work with you to find a price-point that works for both parties.